Social distancing measures
The Hague meetings and events are opening safely.
- According to the official information by the Dutch Government, if the coronavirus remains under control, there will be no maximum to the number of persons (including staff) for cinemas, hospitality businesses and cultural institutes from July 1st, 2020.
- In the current conditions, the hospitality businesses in the Netherlands have to observe the RIVM guidelines. Staff and visitors need to keep 1.5 meters distance and use hygiene materials. Cafes and restaurants have to observe the rules for hospitality businesses during corona.
- Regulations are in place for meetings and events according to the social distance standard in the Netherlands. The Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions (NBTC) has issued a Covid-19 Reopening Protocol for Business Events in The Netherlands. This Covid-19 Reopening Protocol contains guidelines for meeting and convention organizers, suppliers, and delegates of meetings, conventions and events taking place in the Netherlands. Business events include trade shows and corporate events.
- Consultancy EventPlatform has issued a Protocol for Business Events in the Netherlands.
- For some countries, it is mandatory to go in self-quarantine upon arrival in the Netherlands. To check if this is necessary for you, please visit the traveling and going on holiday page on the Dutch government website.
Obviously, the consequences of the corona crisis have not passed. The welcoming city of The Hague is, therefore, reinventing itself.
COVID-19 update The Hague Convention Bureau | July 2020
Venues in The Hague are implementing various initiatives in order to allow virtual, hybrid and in-person events to take place.
- The Hague venues are offering the possibility to organize webinars, 'online participation' and virtual live-streamed events in their accordingly designed studios. In this way, it is still possible to host an event and reach your audience in a professional way.
- Below is an overview of how our partner venues are adapting to the 1,5-meter rules and an event during the post-pandemic. (Visit this page for a general overview of our meeting venues.)
Sound & Vision The Hague
Sound and Vision The Hague (Beeld en Geluid Den Haag) is offering their facilities for hybrid events. Watch the video below.
Bringing People Together Again: COVID-19 Health Safety Measures
Fokker Terminal is offering hybrid event opportunities, check out the video below.
NH Hotel and Conference centre The Hague
NH Hotel is showing a virtual tour of its meeting facilities. Check out the video below.
Louwman Museum is offering different meetings opportunities, according to the new standards, check out the video below.
Zuiderstrandtheater has a virtual tour of its meeting facilities. Check out the video below.