The Fokker Terminal is a full-service conference venue housing nearby the city centre of The Hague. The venue contains a 2200 square metre aircraft hangar and 17 breakout rooms. This venue gives an industrial and impressive feeling with a striking combination of steel, glass and concrete floors. In the back of the hangar there are the seven metres high and 26 metre-wide steel doors.
- 1000 people
- 200 people
- Meeting rooms
- Largest meeting room
- Venue style
- Layout of the room
- Banquet, Cocktail, Meeting, Theatre, U-layout, Other
- Type of event
- Conference, Meeting, Presentation
Flexibility, creativity and a personal approach
Constructed in 1959, the former school for aircraft engineering ‘Anthony Fokker School’ has been completely redeveloped since 2009 into a state of the art event venue.
Ideally located just on the outskirts of The Hague, the political capital of the Netherlands and home to several international institutions, the city is at the industrial and business heart of the country; the so-called Randstad.
The venue is very easy to access, Schiphol Airport (35 minutes) as well as Rotterdam The Hague Airport (15 minutes) are close by. It offers excellent parking options with direct connections onto highways to Utrecht, Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
The building has a characteristic and industrial feel with a spacious and transparent lay out, which is emphasized by the abundance of daylight.
- Housing a 2200m2 aircraft hangar, 9 meters high and with 25 meters wide steel doors, the heart of this characteristic building has a striking combination of steel, glass and concrete floors.
- This space is easily divided into 2 sections with the use of a movable curtain track.
- The first section serves as a welcome- and catering area with a contemporary and atmospheric feel to it, also perfectly suited to place conference partners, demo’s or sponsors.
- The second section can serve as a plenary room with a flexible set up ranging from 200 to 1000 seats. Having a flat floor without any obstructions or pillars, you also have great flexibility in other types of set up than theatre style.
- Adjacent are another 18 former classrooms, now turnkey break out rooms for workshops and group activities. These rooms are situated directly next to the main hangar, making it very convenient and easy to navigate. The rooms range in capacity from 40 up to 250 guests.
One stop shop
Fokker Terminal offers a one-stop-shop event package, including catering, AV and furniture/decoration. Bringing your own suppliers is possible as well.
In addition to the packages, the venue offers a next level of customising the event.
How about using your client’s company branding in shapes, colours or tailor made carpeting, adding custom designed screen presentations, stage design or the use of innovative AV concepts.
Best Conference Location 2018
At the Meeting Business Event, organised by trade magazine Meetings on January 21st – the Fokker Terminal has won the award of ‘Best Conference Location 2018 in the West Holland Region’ and the national title of the best conference venue in The Netherlands of 2018.
In addition to the growth of national conferences and business events, international organisers are increasingly opting for the Fokker Terminal. With this, the location generates an important economic spin-off for the city of The Hague. This also increases the city’s reputation as a conference destination, in addition to the many hotels and the options for a city trip.
The Binckhorst Avenue
The surrounding area of the Fokker Terminal is also undergoing a rapid transformation.
- The redevelopment of the district of the ‘Binckhorst’ is currently in full swing.
- The transition from the former industrial park to a vibrant and exciting new part of The Hague will soon be visible.
- The construction of the Rotterdamse Baan (direct tunnel connection between the A4 / A13 and the Binckhorst) is taking shape rapidly.
Request for Proposal
Could Fokker Terminal be the venue of your next successful business event? Contact us to talk through the options!