Leading industry experts participate in the second panel discussion with the Hague Convention Bureau
4 May 2020
How are sales activities developing in the meeting industry at a time when there is little demand?
Following the success of the Hague Convention Bureau's first live-streaming panel discussion on April 9, a number of high-profile meeting industry leaders have addressed the topic in the second webinar: How are sales activities developing in the meeting industry at a time when there is little demand?
The webinar on May 7th from 16.00 - 17.00 CET was moderated by Eric Bakermans, Director of Marketing Meetings, Conventions & Events, The Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions.
The panelists were:
- Christian Mutschlechner, Independent Meeting Industry Specialist
- Carina Bauer, CEO of IMEX Group Seth DeHart, B2B SaaS sales strategist
- Oscar Cerezales, Global Executive President Corporate Division, MCI Group
- Seth DeHart, B2B SaaS Sales Strategist
The recording is now available via this link.
What can the global meetings industry do and expect due to Covid-19?
The topic was chosen from feedback following The Hague Convention Bureau’s first panel debate, which was attended by more than 230 live streamers on 9th April.
The session, which featured experts from around the world explored the current and future impact of COVID-19 on the meetings industry.
Bas Schot, Head of The Hague Convention Bureau said: “The Hague has a global reputation as a centre of learning with a significant knowledge economy. We have recently been running the face to face HagueTalks events together with partners, focused on hard hitting topics and content, with leading subject matter experts. The initiative was a huge success and we wanted to find a way to maintain the debates and extend it across digital platforms throughout the COVID-19 crisis. We have achieved this via a series of webinars in which we are addressing the pressing matters that have arisen due to the disruption, whilst sharing best practices from industry experts, and providing concrete advice. Our first webinar was extremely well attended, whilst being supported by some great speakers. We expect the same from this one.”
The initial live-streamed webinar entitled: “What can the global meetings industry do and expect due to Covid-19?” took place on 9th April. It was moderated by Michiel Middendorf, General Manager, World Forum The Hague.
The first panel discussion is available to watch here.
The panelists were:
- Ping Liu, Founder China Star Ltd. and SITE China President, Beijing, China
- Elisabeth Van Ingelgem, Director Convention & Association Bureau at visitbrussels and Chairperson ICCA France Benelux Chapter, Brussels, Belgium
- Carly Grace, Director of Sales, Shaw Centre, Ottawa, Canada
- Mathias Posch, Chairman & Partner at ICS and IAPCO Immediate Past President, Singapore